Complement d & rsquo; information for Christian Page on GARPAN
(Tuning. — This short article does not slander,
and & rsquo; only goal is & rsquo; bring & lsquo; complement d & rsquo; information’ reporters who wish to correctly portray the activities and achievements of GARPAN. This article has been modified (EN BLEU) response to public suggestions, but will not be changed to & rsquo; s future, unless M. Page m & rsquo; so requests.)
By Yann Vadnais, 4 December 2017.
Monsieur Christian Page, representing in the media standard for paranormal, was recently a guest on the most popular show in Quebec, Everybody talks about it (26 November 2017). Having made a career on the radio and on TV, and enjoying these days promoting his latest book, Facilitator columnist obviously a large audience at his disposal. Second, in emissions radio of 24 and 26 November 2017, Mr. Page spoke 16 After GARPAN and challenged me by name to 5 occasions… never quoted securities professions I exercise ("Publisher", " author ", " searcher ", "Lecturer"). Or, as I consider the work and GARPAN activities were inadequately represented, I bring here more information to help the journalist :
Affirmation 1 C. Page : "The GARPAN deals with UFO observations testimonials, because This group believes in extraterrestrials ... and so promotes such belief. »
It's wrong. The GARPAN not trying to prove the "extraterrestrial hypothesis" (THE). We offer more alternatives and research hypotheses, more nuanced in our opinion, the epistemological problem of the phenomena associated with UFOs.
Chrisitan page to & rsquo; show "Everybody talks about" (nov 2017).
Affirmation 2 C. Page : "The GARPAN claims to a field survey of ultra-sophisticated group, who caricature the American show "CSI", etc.. »
It's wrong. The GARPAN is an amateur investigation group 'which is part of the civil tradition of land documentation and collection of samples, and therefore practice annually field response exercises on the ground traces of the sites associated with UFOs. The breakdown of our activities :
- 3% = Field investigations
- 25% = Investigations with witnesses
- 72% = Analytical research, comparative and historical, videos and infographics fixtures, writing papers and books.
Affirmation 3 C. Page : "The GARPAN competing claims to offer trainings with professional programs governed by a corporation or institution, etc.. »
It's wrong. The GARPAN indeed offers three distinct formations (investigation of testimony - Field investigation - research ufology), as well as people who wish to progress, eg., in one hobby or sports or artistic activity, train with more experienced people in exchange for a reasonable salary.
Affirmation 4 C. Page : "The GARPAN wishes to participate more frequently in radio broadcasts, or make a media career, etc.. »
It's wrong. While, be invited to a popular show would be benefit the public, because our interviews and our conferences are always appreciated and valued by the quality of their presentation and the wealth of information. We are willing to such an opening, by cons we do not measure our achievements and success based on our media passes, but depending on the quality of our work and the recognition of our international colleagues.
The b.a.-ba GARPAN
- The GARPAN does not promote any belief.
- The GARPAN does not take care of 'aliens’.
- The GARPAN only interested in tertiary title exobiology (or extraterrestrial life ').
- The GARPAN deals primarily with 'testimonies and stories' and secondarily methodology and data processing, while cultivating the history of UFO research.
- The GARPAN is a 'registered business', specializing in the research and publication of UFO literature grade.
- It is also bringing together a group of amateur and professional investigators conducting regular investigations testimonials, and occasionally field investigations.
- The GARPAN promotes rational method, criticism and hermeneutics.
- The GARPAN working on the recognition of the epistemological interest of the phenomena associated with UFOs for social sciences and humanities, and for natural and pure sciences.
- The GARPAN has undertaken several joint projects for cooperation between UFO groups and the development of our discipline.
Christian journalistic worry Evaluation Page
In conclusion, if allowed to raise legitimate criticism, we ask politely to the experienced journalist Christian kindly Page to learn more about our work in order to give a fair assessment :
GARPAN of Works commented on by the Christian journalist Page :
- The investigation ofUFO Saint-Jean-Baptiste-de-Rouville.
- And nothing else.
Works published by the GARPAN :
- 7 UFO books (the total 1011 p.) !
- 5 ‘Annual Reviews' given annually to the authorities : Department of Defense, SCRS, GRC, SQ, etc.. (the total 381 pages)
- 40 Investigation videos (the total 8 hours)
- 3 Canadian ufologists translations (Wilbert Smith, A. Matthews, C. Rutkowski)
- Editing and publication of seven (7) ufologues Canadian and international !
- A 30 'UFO conference (Available videos)
It goes without saying that once the media finally consult all of our work, they will be delighted to hear our analysis and conclusions, which are nothing like they say in so far.
You. the GARPAN and Publishing Garpan
President of the NPO 'UFO Archives of Quebec'
organizer 5th International UFO Congress in Montreal
Memberships Skeptics Quebec