Creation of the NPO 'UFO Archives of Quebec’ – 3 June 2017
supplement 16 June 2017 :
Article du 27 April 2017 :
As announced publicly at the press conference « 50 years of & rsquo; civilian ufology in Quebec (1966-2016), the 8 October 2016, during the 3th UFO Congress in Montreal "UFO 601 », plusieurs queuegues, collectors and supporters of ufology, and a professional archivist, came together to found the first organization dedicated to the preservation of UFO archives Quebec.
The initiative was inspired course of the non-profit association Backup and conservation studies and UFO archives, seal, founded in France in 1990, and enjoying a growing international recognition. While, this idea of creating such an organization in Quebec not new, and was proposed by several of the past. Or, with the " 50th ufology Quebec ", with the « 20th anniversary "of theQuebec Association of ufology (AQU) and the « 50th the UFO career of Jean Casault " in 2017, we firmly believe that finally gathered the conditions for such a project, which is both necessary and of primary importance.
The dozen archives of SEAL !
We therefore propose a first meeting Saturday 3 June afternoon. To facilitate the meeting of interested capita in several areas, we will organize a web meeting simultaneous, in studios in Quebec and Beloeil (with possibility of 3th antenna). Here is the list of current participants :
- In Quebec, the Studio Qom :
- Yann Vadnais, editor and ufologist (Garpan)
- Jean Morissette, researcher and ufologist (AQU)
- Carole Lauzé, investigatrice, ufologue (Parallel area)
- Christian Thibault, investigator, ufologue (Garpan)
- Steve Zuniga, ufologue amateur (Garpan)
- In Beloeil, the studio of Richard Glenn :
- Richard Glenn, animator and ufologist (Experimental Religion)
- Raymond Choquette, ufologue
- Nadine Lemieux, graduate and specialized archivist
- Benoit Brouillette, graphic designer and amateur archivist
- Jean-François Primeau, investigator, ufologue (Garpan)
- remotely (via Skype) :
- Donald Cyr, Author and ufologist
NPO's goals of 'UFO Archives of Quebec' :
1) Achieving an agreement with the Library and Archives nationales du Québec for the acquisition of UFO archives Quebec, to preserve and make accessible to the public under certain conditions and regulations.
2) Dial a legal testamentary document for ufologists and UFO groups who want to leave this organization their UFO archives for preservation.
3) To suggest ...
Order of the day suggested
- Self-introduction of all participants to the project.
- name suggestions for this NPO.
- Proposals and voting "objectives" of the NPO.
- Vote for the annual subscription price.
- Vote for the name of the NPO.
- Vote of body functions : President, vice-president, secretary, treasurer.
- Make a list of ideas to develop.
- Distribution of the first tasks to be performed.
- End of meeting.
Call for Contributors
We obviously hope that this project is supported by all the major UFO groups and ufologists Quebec and call them to join us.
If you feel concerned by this initiative, and want to participate,
Yann contact in Vadnais : email@example.com